Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16/09 Ohio Waters


I wanted to post about my trip today. We fished a trib in Ohio on the east side. I fished with Wayne Flemming from P.A. We fished a spot that was loaded with fish. We used egg sacks all day and had a great time. Wayne told me that it wasn't all about catching fish today but he just wanted to learn. We arrived to find the slush and cold temps. We fished for a few hours and then sat in the car and kept warm. After warming we then headed back out into the cold water. Wayne was a good student and learned a bunch. I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. Ohio streams are almost all fishing except the Grand River and that should fish in a few days if we can stay clear of rain. Keep the reels screaming.


After one year of trying unsuccessfully to catch Steelhead, I decided to get educated on the art of Steelhead fishing. I became a student of Bob Williams from “Screaming Reels” guide service. This was the best thing I’ve done in years. Bob is an excellent teacher who provided me with the overall knowledge of reading the stream, selecting the right equipment and setting up the rod. He also instructed me in line and lure (bait) and most importantly the presentation. There were no hurry-up instructions. His explanations and demonstrations were detailed and easily remembered. Within a few hours, it was like fishing with an old buddy. I will recommend Bob to all my friends. I now have the confidence to go after the “Steelies” and for the first time really enjoy myself.

Wayne Flemming