Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 26, 2009

4/19/09 Day Fishing




I had the opportunity to take Keith and Chris Pearcy fishing today. Today was the day Chris would learn to use a fly rod. We started the day slow with instructions and then went to catching. Chris and Keith both hooked and landed a few fish. I have attached the testimonial from Keith about our day. Keep the reels screaming

My son, Chris has been fishing all of his life for bass and salmon with spinning gear. I asked Bob if he could teach him to fly fish for steelhead. The only request that I made of Bob was that Chris catch fish. I bought Chris an 8 wt for his birthday, and trusted Bob to teach him the basics.

The result was that we had a fantastic day of fishing! Bob delivered on everything that I asked for, and Chris caught quite a few steelhead. That being said, I caught more than my share of fish, too.

Being a great guide is more than putting people over fish. Bob gave us just the right amount of advice, then let us fish. If we had questions or needed tackle changes, he was right there, but never in the way. When I look at the pictures of my son and I holding steelhead, I'm struck by the unbridled joy on our faces.

I really could not be more pleased with Bob. Beyond his terrific ability as a guide, he really is good company. I plan to go out again with Bob and my newly minted steelhead addict son.